Monday, August 12, 2013

Food Truck Rodeo

Came to town and I left very happy. In Durham, at any given time, you can find about 30 plus food trucks just sputtering about town. Since Durham itself has some of the best food you can imagine, I rarely  take trips to these mini meals on wheels. They have food truck rodeos a couple times a year and we have missed everyone. So cue up excited squeals when I realized we would actually be in town to attend this one!

We had already participated in a food filled weekend and so yesterday morning, I tried to eat small and simple in order to prep myself for a day of gorging. and rest assured...gorge I did. We took a last minute trip west to Mebane and the outlets because we scored last minute tickets to the Killers show in Raleigh tomorrow night. After a little shopping we stopped in the quaint town of Hillsborough for a coffee and truffle pit stop.

and then we were off to the good stuff. This particular food truck rodeo was in downtown Raleigh and they closed off three blocks. There were over 70 vendors including trucks, carts and 12 local craft beers.

We got there 15 minutes before they were even selling their goods and this was what greeted us.

Mobs of people for 3 straight blocks.









and not to be forgotten...

for the pups!

If you ever get the chance to hit up one of these, I cannot recommend it enough. We only ate at a tenth of the trucks and every bite was worth it.

If you're in the triangle area, the next one is scheduled for Labor Day Weekend in Durham, on Saturday September first. You will be so glad you did!

If you want to see the rest of my date filled weekend, head over to my lifestyle blog to see some shenanigans of the best sort;)

Linking up with, Funday Monday, Join the Gossip, Meg & Sami

3 comments:

  1. Aw man, I always miss the food truck rodeos! I'm going to be out of town the next time they come to Durham.
    YUM YUM! Love all your goodies you got to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear so much good things about Food trucks! I have yet to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to try a food truck but I keep hearing about them and so want to try one.

    ReplyDelete